Friday, October 1, 2010

just a quickie cause I'm excited....

During a lull in the rain late yesterday I ventured out to see how everything was fairing.  I was happy happy to see that my moon vine has finally brought forth a blossom. Sadly it didn't get a chance to show it's beauty as the rain beat it down.

But there should be more blossoms coming forth.  I can't wait to see them.

I was also surprised to see that my  penstemon x mexicali - Red Rocks  has some new blooms on it! Pretty!

Dodged a bullet with all the rain yesterday. While we got a few inches, it was short of the potential, which stayed to the southeast part of my county. They got at least 7" of rain. As did the county to the east. There's to be some localized flooding over the next day, but I don't see that I'll be affected.

Amazing what a difference a few miles as the crow flies can make.  I'm grateful.  Just more erosion along the stream but hopefully we can do something about that later in October.  

Today feels like fall! Breezy, cooler temps. They say the sun is to come out later.

Gotta run...have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment