Sunday, March 20, 2011

a little duck tail

Walking back from getting a free Italian ice at Rita's (they give it away free on the first day of Spring) I noticed this duck, walking fast across their path.
I suspected something was about to happen.

 He stopped for a moment when he noticed me.
You can tell by the waters disturbance he is swimming quickly. Notice the pair of ducks ahead. He heads right for them.
I was momentarily distracted, but when I looked back the duck had chased his prey, a pretty little female mallard back near the path. As she got to land, he grabbed her by the feathers on the back of her neck and dragged her into the water.
He repositioned his bill to the back of her head as he mounted her.

 She struggled.
 So he forces her head below the waters surface to make her compliant to his desire.
 Her head breaks the surface as he rolls off her back.
 She tries to shake it off like a bad dream.
 oh the shame of it all

 Here he comes again, as if to say, "Look! I put my head under the water and it doesn't bother me!"
 "Gonna wash that mallard right out of my hair, errr, feathers!"

 Giving one last good shake all the way back to her tail.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment