Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bob has a roomie


Yesterday I noticed under the feeding station, not only the hole Bob had been using, but holes all around the base.  Odd I thought.

Looking out the window today I saw a little nose sticking out of the hole where Bob was last seen. Imagine my surprise when it wasn't Bob but a meadow mouse (some call it a meadow vole)




so where's Bob I wondered? Does he know someone is living there? I hadn't seen Bob because of the cold and wet weather for a couple days so maybe someone took over while he was safely under ground.

A little while later I look out and see Bob!


I startled Bob and he ran back to the rocks for a few moments, then made a mad dash under the feeder station, through one hole and straight out to the other side. 
I'd love to lift up the base of that feeder station and see if I can figure out what goes on under there!  As Sister pointed out, they may share exit/entrances, but they may actually have separate burrows. Well I want to see!  But I'll resist...for now!

Tomorrow I'll show you how I wasn't exactly right about the ducks.  There's still some drama going on out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment