Friday, July 30, 2010

This morning a few of my plants looked rather wilted from the weeks heat.  I'm glad I have the stream here for hand watering. Even though my obedient plant has been in ground and growing for awhile, it still needs some extra water from time to time, as does one of my bee balms.

My hummingbird visited as usual. He visited the feeder as well as my white buddleia. Out of the three I have, the compact white one is my favorite for the way it grows.  My black knight is a disappointment. It's not as dark as the others I've seen (my sister has one she got at the same time and place) and it's growth is very haphazard.

I didn't spend as much time in the yard today, after getting home late this morning. Running errands and stopping to visit with sister and enjoying her garden. I'm envious of her garden!! Her stuff grows beautifully and I'll share photos now and then of her yard/gardens too. Working 7 nights a week, I don't always get done what I imagine I will once home.

He was looking up at the plane flying low overhead. He took off for a bit. But returned within minutes. First he visited the white buddliea. Can you see him?

I could watch him for hours! The other day he didn't appreciate it and came over to me and hovered about a foot in front of my face, eye level and kept chirping at me. He obviously wasn't pleased with my presence! Then he went up into the tree and sat there, trying to wait me out.



looking a little worn



I think this was the first instar of a spicebush caterpillar, on my spicebush.

my royal queen purple.  though not a native plant, it is loved by hummingbirds. And the bonus is that it's growing very well and quickly on top of the bank. It is also heat tolerant. yea! I hadn't realized when I first got it that it grows into a bush several feet high and wide. Next Spring things might be getting a tad crowded up there.

This is at my sisters. A photo I was really pleased with.  I only have a point and shoot right now...and hope one day to finally have a DSLR.

Also at Sisters.  Some of her cone flowers are still looking fresh despite the long heat this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment